A viable long-term future for Windermere Church depends overwhelmingly on continued community involvement.
WCF – Windermere Church Forever – is community based and will work side by side with the St Matthias’ Parish
to achieve the joint goals of a sustainable religious institution and a sustainable community asset.
Many of the fundraising activities and events listed are jointly organised.
We would love to have you on board to help keep Windermere Church ticking along.
You don’t have to be a local to join in and help us out.
Forthcoming Events: Updated on 15 August, 2018
- Aug. 18, Saturday: Winter market 9.30-2.30 Holy Trinity Hall, Cameron St, Launceston
- Aug. 22, Wednesday: S S S Lunch – Soup, Sandwich, Slice (and cuppa), Savour the Home Cooking at Dilston Hall
- Sept. 15, Saturday: Car Rally, Treasure Hunt and BBQ
- Sept. 21, Friday, pm: Art Exhibition & Auction, Rosevears Hotel, includes the Giant Raffle Draw
- Sept. 25, Tuesday: “Songs at Twilight” Opera concert, St Matthias’ Church, 5.30pm, $20 concession $15
- Oct. 19-25: 7 day bus tour to Mornington Peninsula and Geelong (see Smoke Signals link below)
- Oct. 21, Sunday: Clarinet Choir Concert
- Oct. 27: Proposed Grounds Working Bee
- Nov. 23/24/25: Celebration of the 175th anniversary of St Matthias’ at Windermere
Bush dance, history display, family picnic with colonial children’s games, concert and 2 special church services.
> > > Every 2nd and 4th Sundays at 9am the regular communion service and congregation is held at St Matthias’. Everyone is welcome and there is the opportunity for a cuppa afterwards.
> > > Please check this News and Events page regularly for upcoming fundraising activities and events.
Also check these Facebook pages and websites:
The Weekly Pewsheet, including readings and notices are published each Friday on the Holy Trinity website: