Below we feature some interesting photos of St Matthias’.
Some new gates, built by the local Men’s Shed, were installed some months ago.
Inside the gates, on either side, is the columbarium wall with niches containing the ashes of loved ones.
In the graveyard there are numerous historic graves and tombstones. Below are two photos of the grave of the man who built the church, Dr Gaunt, a settler who arrived in Tasmania in 1831. He promised to build a church for his wife, Frances, and construction of the church began in 1842 and was completed in 1843.
The following two photos were taken from a helicopter.