Art Exhibition – Rosevears Hotel Art Gallery
A viable long-term future for Windermere Church depends overwhelmingly on continued community involvement.
WCF – Windermere Church Forever – is community based and will work side by side with the St Matthias’ Parish
to achieve the goal of ensuring Windermere Church and its graveyards and grounds continue as a sustainable community asset.
Many of the fundraising activities and events listed are jointly organised.
We would love to have you on board to help keep Windermere Church ticking along.
You don’t have to be a local to join in and help us out. For contact details, see About Us.
Forthcoming Events: Updated on 15 September, 2018
- Sept. 15, Saturday: Car Rally, Treasure Hunt and BBQ: Postponed due to bad weather until further notice!
- Sept. 21, Friday, pm: Art Exhibition & Auction, Rosevears Hotel, includes the Giant Raffle Draw – See donors list below. And see the invite below.
- Sept. 25, Tuesday: “Songs at Twilight” Opera concert, St Matthias’ Church, 5.30pm, $20 concession $15
- Oct. 19-25: 7 day bus tour to Mornington Peninsula and Geelong (see Smoke Signals link below)
- Oct. 21, Sunday: Clarinet Choir Concert
- Oct. 27: Proposed Grounds Working Bee
- Nov. 23/24/25: Celebration of the 175th anniversary of St Matthias’ at Windermere
Bush dance, history display, family picnic with colonial children’s games, concert and 2 special church services.
> > > Every 2nd and 4th Sundays at 9am the regular communion service and congregation is held at St Matthias’. Everyone is welcome and there is the opportunity for a cuppa afterwards.
> > > Please check this News and Events page regularly for upcoming fundraising activities and events.
Donors list for giant raffle and silent auction
“Heritage Preserve” – Multimedia on aluminium painting, by local artist, Ben Miller (Click here for more information.)
“Wine Table” – Including wood from St Matthias’ grounds, by local resident, Ian R Farquhar (Click here for more information.)
Two Tonne Tasmania Wines
Bluestone Bar & Kitchen
Tamar River Cruises and Cataract Cruises
Coast House, Cygnet
Peppers Seaport Hotel
Collingwood Official Jacket
Driza-Bone – Ladies
Also check these Facebook pages and websites:
WCF – Windermere Church Forever Facebook
St Matthias’ Windermere Facebook
Smoke Signals Community Newsletter
The Weekly Pewsheet, including readings and notices are published each Friday on the Holy Trinity website: